Maybe…just maybe…Jets Coach Rex Ryan isn’t as stupid as he looks.
With the Jets, Jags, Dolphins, Steelers and Patriots all rumored to trade for Tebow, maybe the Jets are crazy enough to make Tebow the starter at quarterback.
Quarterback of an NFL DEFENSE, that is!!!
Flaming Bag of Poo thinks that now is the time to convert Tim Tebow into a middle linebacker. Tebow has all the intangibles you want in a middle linebacker, just none of the experience. Much like how he succeeded as quarterback with all the intangibles and very little experience.
1. LEADER – Players would follow Tebow into a burning locker room. So imagine how they’ll follow him in a huddle!
2. MUSCLE – Tebow may need to bulk up a little. But he’s already a weight room freak with a tremendous work ethic. The Broncos probably asked him to limit his time in the weight room so that he still had some flexibility. As middle linebacker, he won’t have to worry about that. Tebow is 6”3 and 245 pounds. Baltimore Ravens all-world MLB Ray Lewis is 6”1 and 250.
3. SMART – Nobody questions Tebow’s football intelligence. We just question his arm, his footwork, and his throwing motion. He also isn’t very good at multiple reads. But as a middle linebacker, he won’t have to worry about going through all the progressions. Tebow will call the defensive plays and schemes. Tebow can audible at the line after Peyton Manning audibles at the line, too.
4. PASSIONATE – When the offensive line trap blocks and creates these gaping holes, God knows that Tebow will fill that hole like the heavens were parting.
5. ANGRY – A happy Tebow could deliver a big hit on opposing tacklers. Don’t you think that a Tebow bucked by the Broncos can deliver an even bigger hit on QBs, RBs and WRs? Especially Peyton Manning? Or Demaryius Thomas (after his less-than-ringing endorsement on ESPN this week…”Yeah, Tebow made a couple plays this season.”)
I may not be a Tebow Quarterback fan, but there’s no questioning the dude’s heart on the playing field. Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, and Brian Urlacher got nothin’ on Tim Tebow!
Maybe Rex Ryan is smart enough to know all this. Imagine a two-way player like Tebow. Starting middle linebacker for a ferocious Jets defense. Plus, a back-up quarterback to run the Wildcat offense. And finally, an additional leader in case that hot dog Mark Sanchez falters.
Middle linebacker. Quarterback of the defense. And you don’t have to worry anymore about his throwing motion.
The transition from quarterback to middle linebacker would make the perfect new reality TV show for ESPN or the NFL Network. Taking a leader, and making him your glue guy.
Sort of like the way Kris Jenner runs Team Kardashian.
Because Kris Jenner knows that Kim is already her team’s Peyton.
LATEST UPDATE: According to online rumors this afternoon…………Tebow in a love triangle with my favorite GLEE hottie, Dianna Agron?
What the hell, Tim?!?! What the hell!
Get away from her. Even you aren’t good enough for Quinn! She’s more pure than you, Tebow!